Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Stagnant.

Things have been pretty stagnant for a while now.  Besides a few flares, my skin has looked basically the same for 5 or 6 months now.  I'm starting to get very frustrated with things.  Back in April, I was ecstatic to be looking and feeling this good because it was so much better than the first couple of TSW months.  But 6 months of feeling/looking this same exact way.... it's too much.

I have had a handful of "good days" (days where my skin wasn't a huge bother during the day & I felt energetic) but, for the most part, I've had a pretty constant run of "bad days" (in which my skin was nearly-always a bother, constantly on my mind, & low energy) for a while now.

What confuses me is that I only used steroids for about 1.5 years.  They say that healing from TSW should only take about 10-30% of the time that you used steroids.  So why am I already at 8.5 months and still feel like I have at least 6 months until my skin can recuperate fully?  Perhaps it's because I had a course of oral steroids and 3 steroid injections on top of the topical steroid usage (all within a year and a half)?  Perhaps these are the reason that it's taking my body so long?

My original rashes (pre-steroids) appeared on my legs & back about 3 years ago.  (The rashes only spread to my other areas after the oral & injection steroids.)  Well.... these original areas have been mostly-healed for MONTHS now.  It's my face, neck, chest & arms which are still my worst areas.  (As a note, my arms/hands are the least bothersome for me that I hardly ever mention them... even though they're not pretty).

Well, enough talking about things.  Here's some pictures taken over the past few months.

This is what my neck typically looks like during a flare.  Lots of bumps under the surface of the skin.

Very sensitive.  Even the smallest hair touching my face/neck drives me up a wall!

This is a normal day.  Just a really flakey face and a pink neck/chest.


I considered this an okay-looking day.  But I remember feeling extermely hypersensitive this day.

This was a flare.

Looking paler/smoother.

I miss having smooth skin on my hands.  They used to look feminine.

This is a typical day of what my arm looks like.  Still have a "pink sleeve."

My hands usually look like this.  Sometimes they look worse but it doesn't usually last very long.

This was a good day.

Not a good day.

I was happy that my chest was looking paler, but upset that my face was so dry that morning.


This was a really good day!  My face was dry but my skin didn't bother me very much at all!!!  We actually ate brunch at a restaurant!  I was able to find "acceptable" food on the menu!

This was two days ago.  One of my piano students asked if I had gotten sunburned. :-/

 Meh.



8 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey, I started TSW beginning of Feb this year and it continues to flare like yours which is a drag.
    Hope we both see a jump in improvement soon.
    caroline x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Never believed i was ever going to be HSV FREE again, DR.Ehiaguna has given me reasons to be happy, i was HSV positive for 2 years and all the means and medicine i tried for treatment was not helpful to me, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR.Ehiaguna on how he was able to cure someone from HSV 2, this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him for any Disease problem that DR.Ehiaguna can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the treatment sent to me by DR.Ehiahuna , i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HSV NEGATIVE, friends you can reach DR.Ehiaguna on any treatment of any Disease cos i saw many testimony of different disease like, HEPATITIS,HIV AIDS,EPILEPSY, CANCER,CFS he is the one only one i can show you all up to, reach him on drehiaguna@gmail.com or whatsApp him now +2348073908953. quick contact him for help and you can just quickly drop your number on your first mail as i did for easily conversation

      Delete
  2. Praying the new tests bring answers.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I've just started TSW a month ago. I've been doing Bax 3000 (allergenix) treatments as well and it's helped me considerably. If you can find the treatment, I would recommend it. I used to break into hives around animals but haven't done so since doing Bax. My skin has been temperamental, but I'm not having any other allergy reactions like before...most notably no breathing/asthma issues.

    I hope you're doing better.

    jnet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have u tried moisture withdrawal. I did at two months and I healed fast. My upper body and arms healed in 2 days. My legs are taking longer. I only get itchy at night now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Carol, this is an old post, but still ..what do you mean by moisture withdrawal. .not drinking for a while?

      Delete
  5. Hey, I'm very curious how you are doing now, since this post is already one year old. I'm currently also in a very frustrating stagnant phase, where I look almost like normal but still very itchy on face, neck etc. And also have mini flares where my face is terribly flaky. So I wonder, the fact that you didn't write a new post since this one, has it improved and has your life turned back to normal in stead of having your skin constantly on your mind? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Never believed i was ever going to be HSV FREE again, DR.Ehiaguna has given me reasons to be happy, i was HSV positive for 2 years and all the means and medicine i tried for treatment was not helpful to me, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR.Ehiaguna on how he was able to cure someone from HSV 2, this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him for any Disease problem that DR.Ehiaguna can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the treatment sent to me by DR.Ehiahuna , i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HSV NEGATIVE, friends you can reach DR.Ehiaguna on any treatment of any Disease cos i saw many testimony of different disease like, HEPATITIS,HIV AIDS,EPILEPSY, CANCER,CFS he is the one only one i can show you all up to, reach him on drehiaguna@gmail.com or whatsApp him now +2348073908953. quick contact him for help and you can just quickly drop your number on your first mail as i did for easily conversation

    ReplyDelete